Thursday, August 16, 2012

Other Artists and Crafters in Memphis

Yesterday I was lucky enough to run across Memphis Melange Etsy Team while running a search for teams on etsy. I need to do more networking. I didn't think it would be active like a New York or L.A. group would be, but I was wrong! That's great! The admins/mods are very proactive and the members interact. That's what I am interested in. I don't see the point in joining a team or group where you could hear crickets, just to go through the motions of joining a group.

We will be having a meeting/party/brainstorming session next week and I'm pretty sure I can make it. Hope to make some great contacts and get inspired... and maybe inspire someone? Well, I am giving my old shop a facelift (ie. complete makeover) so it's not at it's full potential right now... but I'm working on it. Hopefully this weekend I can head over to the craft supply store and get more supplies, mainly beads.

Yesterday I ordered some nice looking business cards from Vistaprint. I've ordered from them before and didn't have a problem. The quality was good too. I will bring some with me to the meeting

Crafting Update
I created this beautiful set* of gold chained jewelry with peridot leaf beads. I don't know if I'll sell it as a set or as separate pieces but in all honesty, I want to keep it for myself. I love how the gold and light transparent green go together.

My younger sister agreed to model my jewelry but I will be able to do that when she's off work. I want to do it in natural sunlight, outside. Hopefully it wont be too hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment